The James Family
Thank you for praying for us and our ministry in Bolivia and beyond. This Update talks about the pastors and church leaders who were trained in April in Spain that will be starting ESI groups this week. Please pray for Juan Cardanas and our ESI team hosting our next Facilitator Training -- Ciudad Del Este, Paraguay May 2-4.
* Please pray for the ESI Facilitator Training that will take place May 9-13 in Foz de Iguazu, Brazil and Sao Paolo, Brazil with 40 new ESI Facilitators.
* Pray for the 45 Facilitators we trained in Valencia, Spain in April -- as they form new ESI groups to begin in September.
* Also, please pray for Debbie as she continues training women in evangelism and mobilizing discipleship relationships in the ILC Church in La Paz.
Greetings from La Paz!
Thank you for your prayers. Attached is our April Update -- please be praying especially for our ESI (Equipping Servants) Facilitator Training weekend in Valencia, Spain April 19-20.
Kep and Debbie
• Please pray for the ESI Facilitator Training we’ll be holding in Valencia, Spain April 19-20 with 55 pastors and church leaders. Pray as these men and women begin new ESI groups in the second half of 2019, the Lord will impact the church in Spain with a renewed commitment to keep the gospel at the center of everything they do.
• Pray for 20 Venezuelan pastors who have started 8 new ESI groups in central Venezuela.
Hi from Bolivia!
We just arrived back in La Paz last Friday, after a wonderful time in Cleveland on our brief Home Assignment. This Update explains what God did over the past 2 weeks on our ESI Exploratory trip to Spain and Portugal. We also answer the question: What is ESI?
Love to you all, and thank you for praying,
Kep and Debbie
• Praise for a wonderful ESI Facilitator Training with 20 Venezuelan pastors in February. Pray for these men as they start 10 new groups in Barquisimeto, Venezuela in the first half of 2019.
• Praise for a good response from pastors in Spain and Portugal during our exploratory trip there in February. We have decided to hold an ESI Facilitator Training weekend April 19-20 in Valencia. Pray for God to draw the church leaders He will raise up to encourage mutual discipleship in many parts of Spain and Portugal in 2019.
Hello from Spain.
Thank you for your prayers as we continue to sense out if the Lord has ministry opportunities for ESI (Equipping Servants International) in Spain and Portugal. We have already met with four groups of pastors, starting in Vitoria in Spain's northern Basque country, and then in Valencia. There has been a significant response -- we have met church leaders who have been praying for a long time for help to get the church back to the Bible and become gospel centered.
Pray for the two meetings we have tomorrow in Madrid, and then next week in Lisbon and then Granada, Spain. We value your prayers for God to lead us to the right people who are eager and hungry for God's Word. We are amazed at the sincere desire we have discovered so far.
Just know this -- that when you pray you are with us here in Spain!
Kep and Debbie
*Please pray for the 2 weeks we’ll be traveling in Spain and Portugal (Jan 28-Feb14) meeting with pastors and denominational leaders in 6 cities. Please pray that the Lord will lead us clearly to know if we should start ESI Pastoral Training there.
*Please pray for the 2000 active participants in the 3-year Equipping Servants mutual discipleship process. Pray that people will grow to honor Christ by being true to His Scriptures with a conviction to be gospel centered in all they think and do and how they serve.
Thank you for praying for us and our ministry. We are finishing up a brief Home Assignment in the USA -- in two weeks we return to our work in Bolivia. We will return via Spain and Portugal, where we have meetings set up in 6 cities with key pastors and pastoral associations. Please join us praying for the Lord’s guidance. Pray that if we should set up Equipping Servants in Europe, the church there will recognize its need to honor Christ by being true to His Scriptures – and desire to grow in a gospel-centered direction. One of the gauges we look for in order to start ESI in a new country -- is if we can find at least one local coordinator who will step forward in a volunteer capacity to mobilize other pastors to prepare for a 3-day ESI Facilitator Training that we might do in the month of April. Please pray with us for the Lord’s leading.
1. Please pray for ESI contact meetings in Spain and Portugal in January. We have meets set up with groups of pastors in 6 cities. Pray for wisdom as we meet with these men; and for the Lord’s guidance as we seek His will if we should start ESI in these 2 countries in 2019
2. Pray for Debbie’s women’s ministry at the ILC Church in La Paz that as we finish up our Home Assignment, the women will continue to grow in their love for the Lord and commitment to evangelism and discipleship.
3. Pray for the 2000 ESI participants meeting in 11 countries that pastors and church leaders will be passionate about Jesus and committed to honor Him by thinking and living and serving biblically.