Monthly Prayer Calendar
"Pray also for us..."
So states the apostle Paul in a letter to believers in Colosse, acknowledging a somewhat stunning reality: though the Christians to whom he was writing were separated from him physically, they could nonetheless participate in his ministry! God’s people could join in God’s work of taking the Gospel to those who hadn’t heard it simply by praying for their missionary pastor.
These realities are no less true today. As a church, Parkside has been blessed with the opportunity to support many missionaries scattered around the world, all of whom are seeking to share the Good News of Jesus with people who have yet to hear and believe it. Can we really help them, being thousands of miles and numerous time zones away? According to Paul, yes! The purpose of this missionary prayer calendar is to inform you of what is going on in certain parts of the world, and invite you to participate in the work through prayer.
The format is simple. Each day, you will find a missionary or organization that Parkside supports, along with one of their specific prayer requests. You’ll also find a different country of the world and how you can best be praying for the people there.
Our hope in arranging this is that you’ll know the privilege of participating in the work of the Gospel, which as Paul also tells the Colossians, is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world. We trust that praying for the nations will increase our heart for the world, causing us to increasingly desire and work towards seeing unbelieving people of all nations become committed followers of Christ!
Last Seven Days [ View Full Month ]
- Supported Worker: Mike & Cindy in Macedonia
- Details: Pray wisdom in applying insights gained at their conference sessions as the next phase of ministry begins. They return to Macedonia August 20. Pray for national believers to have strength to maintain ministries as half of their missionary colleagues will be on home service. Mexico (Latin America). Foreign missionaries’ roles have changed significantly. Their presence is still needed in facilitating Bible translations, mobilizing Mexicans for mission, children and youth work, theological education and leadership development. Pray that their ministries may assist the Church to be what God desires. more >
- Supported Worker: Equipping Servants International (ESI)
- Countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru, Uruguay
- Details: Praise God for the new Equipping Servants groups that started last month. In Paraguay seven groups started with 103 participants. In Brazil 22 groups started with 260 participants. In Santiago and Concepcion, Chile seven new groups started with 133 participants. In Santa Cruz, Bolivia six new groups started with 90 new participants. And in Medellin and Cartagena, Colombia six new groups started with 90 new participants. Please pray that each pastor and church/ministry leader beginning this 3-year mutual-discipleship process will grow in their desire to honor Christ by being true to His Scriptures, thinking, living and serving Biblically. Pray ... more >
- Supported Worker: Parkside Church: Lake County
- Country: United States of America
- Details: As demolition is completed and construction begins, please pray for what will be their new church home in Willoughby, Ohio! They continue to be so thankful for all of the prayers that have been lifted up already during the search and purchase of this building. Please also pray for their Children's Ministry, Lake Kids that needs to fill 19 positions to be fully staffed. Pray for their last Picnic in the Park- that it would be a time of fun and fellowship before the busyness of the fall begins. Mauritius (Africa). Ministry to young people is met with encouraging ... more >
- Supported Worker: Matt Pheneger
- Country: Peru
- Details: They were excited to have Jonathan Maltez join them from El Salvador this summer as he came to NE Ohio to learn about Ambassadors Football so he can develop an Ambassadors work in San Salvador and around the country. For the past 8 years he has been developing soccer ministry in El Salvador. Please pray for him as establishes a foundation for the ministry in the coming year. He also tore his ACL during the week of training, so he needs your prayers as he faces surgery and recovery from that injury. Mauritania (Africa). All Mauritanian peoples remain essentially unreached ... more >
- Supported Worker: Indigenous Church-Planting Training in Arab and Muslim Countries
- Details: This is a busy time as they are preparing for the Mobilization Conference, August 19-22, expecting about 1000 young people to attend. Please pray that God will stir in the hearts of many of them a desire to serve Him and follow Him wherever He leads. Please also pray for the speakers to be filled with God's Holy Spirit and empowered to deliver His words. A small team of Americans will also be visiting the House of Hope girls home the week before the conference. Please pray for them as well, to be an encouragement and source of joy ... more >
- Supported Worker: Amy Cottle
- Country: Thailand
- Details: The international attention given to the soccer team trapped and rescued in the cave in northern Thailand has garnered a lot of interest in the lives of these boys. Eleven of the twelve boys have been ordained as novice Buddhist monks for one week, a high honor in Thailand. One of the boys is a Christian and instead attended a Christian ceremony. Pray that the miraculous nature of this rescue will result in more Thais turning to the Lord for true salvation. Pray also that the Thai church will boldly proclaim Christ to all who may be seeking truth. Malta ... more >
- Supported Worker: Mark & Patti Bean
- Countries: Peru, United States of America
- Details: Praise the Lord that three of the six Quechua Bibles have been submitted to the publishers. Please pray for Becky as she finishes the post-layout editorial check for the remaining Bibles. Pray for God to be glorified as he brings together the funds needed to print these Bibles. Mali (Africa). There are a few strategic peoples among whom pioneer work has been established, but for which prayer is requested: the Bambara, the Fulbe, the Northern peoples, the Dogon, and the Soninke group. A spiritual breakthrough amid all the ministry in Mali could easily spill into several other countries. more >