Monthly Prayer Calendar
"Pray also for us..."
So states the apostle Paul in a letter to believers in Colosse, acknowledging a somewhat stunning reality: though the Christians to whom he was writing were separated from him physically, they could nonetheless participate in his ministry! God’s people could join in God’s work of taking the Gospel to those who hadn’t heard it simply by praying for their missionary pastor.
These realities are no less true today. As a church, Parkside has been blessed with the opportunity to support many missionaries scattered around the world, all of whom are seeking to share the Good News of Jesus with people who have yet to hear and believe it. Can we really help them, being thousands of miles and numerous time zones away? According to Paul, yes! The purpose of this missionary prayer calendar is to inform you of what is going on in certain parts of the world, and invite you to participate in the work through prayer.
The format is simple. Each day, you will find a missionary or organization that Parkside supports, along with one of their specific prayer requests. You’ll also find a different country of the world and how you can best be praying for the people there.
Our hope in arranging this is that you’ll know the privilege of participating in the work of the Gospel, which as Paul also tells the Colossians, is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world. We trust that praying for the nations will increase our heart for the world, causing us to increasingly desire and work towards seeing unbelieving people of all nations become committed followers of Christ!
Last Seven Days [ View Full Month ]
- Supported Worker: Church Plant Training Ministry in Asia
- Details: An architect and builder have been finalized, building plans are being drawn, and soon the construction of their new training center will begin. Please pray for this project, especially with the escalation in the number of COVID cases. In this time of great anxiety, pray that God’s people would be ready to meet the world with the comfort and hope that only the good news of Jesus Christ can offer. Pray that 1 billion souls will be saved during this time of pandemic throughout the world. Tunisia (Africa). Population: 11,366,244 Believers: <0.1%. In the years since 9 ... more >
- Supported Worker: Fieldstone Counseling
- Country: United States of America
- Details: Pray for preservation and wisdom for their counselors as they seek to offer the comfort of God to those who are struggling. Pray for encouragement and growth empowered by the Holy Spirit for their counselees as they receive counseling. Pray for the beginning of their support group, ReStoried, that serves women who are survivors of abuse. It will now be meeting online to serve women everywhere. Pray that this group would be a safe and meaningful space to honor their stories and unpack the truth about who they are, who God is, and how God transforms suffering and sorrows. Trinidad ... more >
- Supported Worker: Chris and Leanne Harrington
- Country: Japan
- Details: In the past, they have shared about Mrs. Y and her family. The Lord answered prayer in giving her boys the ability to speak in public, something they have been reluctant to do for their whole lives. Her youngest son needs a treatment using bone marrow. The six people in Japan who are a match have declined to go through a blood marrow transplant. The doctor is hopeful that the boy’s umbilical cord will be enough to help heal him of this condition. Please pray for God to heal their son, even in a miraculous way, to show his power ... more >
- Supported Worker: Truth For Life
- Country: United States of America
- Details: Praise the Lord for bringing many new Truthpartners to Truth For Life during the month of June. As a result, pray that God will expand the Bible teaching of Truth For Life so that unbelievers will be converted, believers will established, and local churches will be strengthened. Also, pray that these partners will grow in their own faith as a result of coming alongside Truth For Life, and will actively share the gospel with others. Timor Leste (Asia). Population: 1,617,517 Believers: 2.3%. Protestant churches emerged only recently, and their growth is modest. Nominalism and lack of understanding ... more >
- Supported Worker: Mark & Patti Bean
- Countries: Peru, United States of America
- Details: Mark recently began serving as a consultant for another team translating the Bible in Peru, checking their translations of Job and Exodus. He thought he had three years to complete this work, but recently found out that the work needs to be completed by the end of September! Pray for those awaiting Marks’s help in other areas to be patient as he dedicates most of his time consulting for this one team. They are thankful the news of the deadline came the evening that their last family left so Mark was able to enjoy ten days with children and grandchildren ... more >
- Supported Worker: B & J in the United States
- Details: Please continue to pray for B & J as they navigate the road to potentially joining their former teammates overseas in Kazakhstan to reach the Uyigur people. Pray that God will unite their hearts as a family as they pray about this transition. Pray for their potential teammates who are awaiting their work visas. Pray that God will grant them an open door to live in Kazakhstan and share the gospel message. Tanzania (Africa). Population: 59,602,598 Believers: 17.9%. Tanzania’s Christian population, though numerous, needs discipleship. Many see lack of biblical knowledge as the greatest challenge for the ... more >
- Supported Worker: Pastoral Assistants
- Country: Bolivia
- Details: Pray for the Pastoral Assistant volunteers in Santa Cruz: Daniel Cabrera, Yorch Cronenbold, Miguel Ortiz, Paolo Paris, Rolando Ruiz, and Aldruin Tapia; and in La Paz: Jonathan Ascarraga, Gerson Calderon, Albaro Cruz, Roberto Garcia, Juan Lopez, Pando Melendez, Miguel Perez, Edwin Quisberth, Gabriel Rodriguez, Miguel Rueda, Freddy Soliz, and Luis Velasquez. Due to the pandemic, the PA program has not been running. Pray for the safety of these men and that God will use them to encourage others in their communities during this difficult time. Pray that the PA program will be able to resume soon. Tajikistan (Asia). Population: 8 ... more >