Monthly Prayer Calendar
"Pray also for us..."
So states the apostle Paul in a letter to believers in Colosse, acknowledging a somewhat stunning reality: though the Christians to whom he was writing were separated from him physically, they could nonetheless participate in his ministry! God’s people could join in God’s work of taking the Gospel to those who hadn’t heard it simply by praying for their missionary pastor.
These realities are no less true today. As a church, Parkside has been blessed with the opportunity to support many missionaries scattered around the world, all of whom are seeking to share the Good News of Jesus with people who have yet to hear and believe it. Can we really help them, being thousands of miles and numerous time zones away? According to Paul, yes! The purpose of this missionary prayer calendar is to inform you of what is going on in certain parts of the world, and invite you to participate in the work through prayer.
The format is simple. Each day, you will find a missionary or organization that Parkside supports, along with one of their specific prayer requests. You’ll also find a different country of the world and how you can best be praying for the people there.
Our hope in arranging this is that you’ll know the privilege of participating in the work of the Gospel, which as Paul also tells the Colossians, is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world. We trust that praying for the nations will increase our heart for the world, causing us to increasingly desire and work towards seeing unbelieving people of all nations become committed followers of Christ!
Last Seven Days [ View Full Month ]
- Supported Worker: Wes & Nancy Collins
- Countries: Guatemala, Peru, United States of America
- Details: After a challenging year, eleven CILTA students graduated from their linguistic classes and are geared up to commence or continue cross-cultural ministry as Bible translators and literacy workers. They had a delightful graduation ceremony with university officials, faculty, local pastors, mission partners and students from seven nations. Pray that their now “former students” would get off on the right foot with learning new languages and cultures. Wes will be in rural Peru for most of February helping to train 14 indigenous church leaders in linguistic skills for Bible translation. The course is faintly similar to CILTA, but CILTA is aimed ... more >
- Supported Worker: Equipping Servants International (ESI)
- Countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Sweden, Uruguay
- Details: Two thousand pastors and church leaders meeting in eleven countries need our fervent prayers that they will become passionate about serving Jesus by thinking, living, and serving biblically as they study the ESI curriculum. Jiangxi Province (province of China) (Asia). Jiangxi still possesses much Communist heritage, and it suffers from weak and often corrupt leaders, who institute policies that frequently spark massive protests and even riots by disgruntled farmers and peasants. Pray for the release of this province from all that opposes God. more >
- Supported Worker: Truth For Life
- Country: United States of America
- Details: Please pray that God will bring needed team members to Truth For Life as they anticipate 2019 and seek to proclaim the truth of God’s Word to an ever-growing international audience. Also, please pray that God will guide and direct the 2019 initiative plan established at Truth For Life so that more people can come to know the Lord Jesus Christ in a life-saving way through the teaching. Please pray that God will provide the needed funding as Truth For Life desires to close out 2018 with sufficient financial resources to meet their 2018 operating budget. Jiangsu Province (province of ... more >
- Supported Worker: Matt Pheneger
- Country: Peru
- Details: They are very thankful for all that has happened in Latin America in 2018. They have received numerous soccer teams from the States which allowed them to share the Gospel and open doors for ongoing ministry. Two new countries, Bolivia and El Salvador, are working to establish new Ambassadors ministries. People around the region have been envisioned and trained to reach their communities through fútbol. As they have been able to do in this corner of the world, they want to be able to network and resource their Ambassadors staff and the Church globally to impact the next generation. Ambassadors ... more >
- Supported Worker: Parkside Church Short-term Team
- Country: Mexico
- Details: Please pray for the team from Parkside currently serving in Mexico with Mike & Joan Ross. Team members are KC Aiken, Jason & Jennifer Aspinall, David Cameron, Doireann Leslie, Bob Pelletier and Annie Schwartz. Pray for good health and that they would show the love of Jesus to all the people they come into contact with as they provide free dental clinics in the Oaxaca region of Mexico. The team returns to Cleveland on January 26. Hunan Province (province of China) (Asia). A traditionally closed, conservative, and isolated province, Hunan is possibly China’s most spiritually hard Han Chinese populations. Pray ... more >
- Supported Worker: Delhi Bible Institute
- Country: India
- Details: Thank God that the eighth DBI centre was inaugurated by Scott Kennedy, Pastor at Parkside Church, in November. The Bhopal Anugrah Ashram is an outcome of their Vision 2025- to establish Ashrams in the capital cities of North India. This centre will reach out to the state of Madhya Pradesh. They are beginning their residential courses this month. Pray for the 20 men supported by Parkside as they travel throughout Northern India preaching and teaching the gospel. Pray that God will protect them and provide many opportunities for David, Mani, Amar, Benjamin, Gabriel, Kalap, Suresh, Vinay, Desh, Ram, Anil, Dilip ... more >
- Supported Worker: The City Mission
- Country: United States of America
- Details: For Inmate Outreach Services, pray that their Christmas card and December mailing items will be of help and encouragement to the nearly 2,400 incarcerated men and women they were mailed to. Please pray for Chaplain Brent's wife, Julie, as she recovers from a knee replacement surgery. Pray that their open positions would be filled soon with the right people: Client Safety Specialist at Laura's Home, Grant Writer, Resource Center Caseworker. Henan Province (province of China) (Asia). Henan was declared an “Atheistic Zone” in the 1960s, but since then has been the engine room of church growth in ... more >