Monthly Prayer Calendar
"Pray also for us..."
So states the apostle Paul in a letter to believers in Colosse, acknowledging a somewhat stunning reality: though the Christians to whom he was writing were separated from him physically, they could nonetheless participate in his ministry! God’s people could join in God’s work of taking the Gospel to those who hadn’t heard it simply by praying for their missionary pastor.
These realities are no less true today. As a church, Parkside has been blessed with the opportunity to support many missionaries scattered around the world, all of whom are seeking to share the Good News of Jesus with people who have yet to hear and believe it. Can we really help them, being thousands of miles and numerous time zones away? According to Paul, yes! The purpose of this missionary prayer calendar is to inform you of what is going on in certain parts of the world, and invite you to participate in the work through prayer.
The format is simple. Each day, you will find a missionary or organization that Parkside supports, along with one of their specific prayer requests. You’ll also find a different country of the world and how you can best be praying for the people there.
Our hope in arranging this is that you’ll know the privilege of participating in the work of the Gospel, which as Paul also tells the Colossians, is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world. We trust that praying for the nations will increase our heart for the world, causing us to increasingly desire and work towards seeing unbelieving people of all nations become committed followers of Christ!
Last Seven Days [ View Full Month ]
- Supported Worker: Indigenous Church-Planting Training in Arab and Muslim Countries
- Details: Their director recently traveled to Ethiopia to meet with pastors there to discuss the possibility of opening a new branch of the missionary training school as well as to get their help in finding good candidates. While hoping to gather a decent size group of pastors, he was blown away when 92 pastors attended their gathering! The pastors gathered for the sharing of the Word and prayer. Pray for wisdom and guidance as they move forward with setting up a school in Ethiopia. Pakistan (Asia). Population: 226,186,778 Religion: 2.45% Christian. Believers from a Muslim background are in ... more >
- Supported Worker: Amy Cottle
- Country: Thailand
- Details: The first meeting of a potential cell group went well in September. The neighbors of the student center came along with their children. They were able to hear the gospel for the first time from Tony, a member of a local Thai church. Pray that God will continue to draw people to himself through this cell group and lead them to saving faith. Pray also for unity in diversity among those working to bring the gospel to the Thai people so that nothing will hinder the work in Maha Sarakham. Oman (Asia). Population: 3,495,132 Religion: 2.76% Christian ... more >
- Supported Worker: Matt (& Laura) Pheneger
- Country: United States of America
- Details: Amid COVID-19, several staff members have also had to deal with natural disasters. In El Salvador, Maltez faced the devastation of Hurricane Amanda. Having been quarantined since March, many of the markets had been shut down. Maltez has been able to pull together volunteers and resources to help over 100 families whose crops were destroyed. They are grateful for God’s provision via a family who replaced Maltez’ truck, which was destroyed in the hurricane, with a new one to help him deliver food and supplies. In Senegal, Robert and Kyla Cuthbert experienced more rain in a couple of days than ... more >
- Supported Worker: Chris and Leanne Harrington
- Country: Japan
- Details: Praise God for a new relationship with a family who recently came to the church plant. Pray that the Lord will them allow to grow deeper in relationship with this Japanese family. Pray that God will provide new ways for Chris & Leanne to minister to their community and that they would boldly walk through the new doors he opens. Nigeria (Africa). Population: 193,252,473 Religion: 51.26% Christian. Christian leaders are under great stress in today’s Nigeria, including spiritual opposition, political pressure, and financial temptations. Those in the north also face very real dangers from Muslim extremists. Pray ... more >
- Supported Worker: Fieldstone Counseling
- Country: United States of America
- Details: They thank the Lord for his great provision for the ministry. Continue to pray for encouragement for their counselors and for gospel-centered change in the lives of counselees who are meeting for in-person and remote counseling sessions. Pray that their new Center for Shepherd Care would be able to connect local pastors with the support and encouragement they need. Niger (Africa). Population: 22,946,657 Religion: 0.33% Christian. Christianity is growing, but more slowly than the population overall; the same applies for evangelicals, who remain a tiny minority. Positively, many previously unreached people groups now have their first believers ... more >
- Supported Worker: Johannes (& Mathapelo) Thaele
- Country: South Africa
- Details: It is spring in South Africa and the weather is getting warmer. The country is in level 1 of the national lockdown, and a lot of the set rules for the pandemic's regulation have been eased. The number of people who can attend church has increased from 50 to 100 people. They thank God for his protection during this difficult time, and that their congregation has lost only one member due to this pandemic. Considering the danger, it came as a blessing in disguise because they got to see many people turning their lives to Christ and beginning to ... more >
- Supported Worker: Andrew & Angie James
- Country: Uruguay
- Details: Andrew and Angie plan to take their home assignment in December. They are thankful that God has begun to raise up several young men in their church who are beginning to share in the preaching of the Word. Please pray for God's guidance as they seek to organize the ministry team to continue leading the church in Andrew & Angie’s absence. They are thankful for our partnership with them in the gospel. New Zealand (Pacific). Population: 4,669,002 Religion: 53.20% Christian. The increasing presence of other religious and spiritual options presents a challenge for Christians. The influx ... more >