Monthly Prayer Calendar
"Pray also for us..."
So states the apostle Paul in a letter to believers in Colosse, acknowledging a somewhat stunning reality: though the Christians to whom he was writing were separated from him physically, they could nonetheless participate in his ministry! God’s people could join in God’s work of taking the Gospel to those who hadn’t heard it simply by praying for their missionary pastor.
These realities are no less true today. As a church, Parkside has been blessed with the opportunity to support many missionaries scattered around the world, all of whom are seeking to share the Good News of Jesus with people who have yet to hear and believe it. Can we really help them, being thousands of miles and numerous time zones away? According to Paul, yes! The purpose of this missionary prayer calendar is to inform you of what is going on in certain parts of the world, and invite you to participate in the work through prayer.
The format is simple. Each day, you will find a missionary or organization that Parkside supports, along with one of their specific prayer requests. You’ll also find a different country of the world and how you can best be praying for the people there.
Our hope in arranging this is that you’ll know the privilege of participating in the work of the Gospel, which as Paul also tells the Colossians, is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world. We trust that praying for the nations will increase our heart for the world, causing us to increasingly desire and work towards seeing unbelieving people of all nations become committed followers of Christ!
Last Seven Days [ View Full Month ]
- Supported Worker: Amy Cottle
- Country: Thailand
- Details: Amy and her team are grateful for the prayers of Parkside Church which help sustain the ministry in Thailand. Pray for the community contacts in the neighborhood, Teacher Dang and Auntie Jawii, that they will have the heart to really know Jesus. Pray that new believers Honey, P.O., Guitar, Ent, and Folk will grow in faith, that Guitar will want to continue her Bible study with Amy via Zoom, and that she will read the Bible on her own. Pray that GaoDa will seek the Lord and turn from Buddhism. Pray for the salvation of students Grace and PK ... more >
- Supported Worker: Church Plant Training Ministry in Asia
- Details: Pray for the spiritual and emotional wellbeing of the team, especially after the pandemic, and for wisdom for the leadership on how to effectively lead the work. Pray for their communities as they rebuild after the COVID-19 pandemic. Pray for protection from COVID-19 for all our centers, team members, interns, students, and church members. Pray that men and women passionate for the Lord and his work will join the training programs and then go throughout their country and impact the nation. Ireland (Europe). Population: 5,145,254, Believers: 1.5%. Evangelicals are experiencing sustained growth. The immigration surge contributed to ... more >
- Supported Workers: Edgar (& Lety) Rivera, Neri (& Karina) Rivera
- Country: Mexico
- Details: Pray that God would give Edgar wisdom in directing the Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF) work in Mexico. Pray for the three ESI groups that Edgar is leading in Oaxaca. As Edgar and Lety’s son, Juan and his wife, Amy prepare for missions, pray that God would conﬁrm their call. Pray that Neri will have wisdom as he encourages ESI groups in Chiapas. Neri and Karina are attempting to integrate four orphans (9 to 14 years old) into their family, pray for wisdom and patience during this challenging process. Pray for the 90,000 refugees in the area. Pray that the ... more >
- Supported Worker: Fieldstone Counseling
- Country: United States of America
- Details: Pray for Fieldstone Counseling as they take on new counselees and seek to meet the increasing need for counseling. Pray that the counselors would be encouraged and strengthened in Christ as they listen and care for their counselees. In addition, pray for many of them who will be leading and speaking at churches and events this summer. They are grateful for these opportunities and are excited to equip churches, schools, and fellow ministries. Continue to pray for openness, comfort, and growth through the Holy Spirit for the counselees as they receive counseling. Iran (Asia). Population: 83,740,317, Believers: 0 ... more >
- Supported Worker: Andrew & Angie James
- Country: Uruguay
- Details: Every Friday morning there is a movable market/fair that sets up in the street outside the church. Once a month, the church will be setting up a stand in this market to distribute coffee and invitations, as well as helping people carry groceries and engaging in conversations. In addition to this, they carried out several efforts to meet neighbors and hand out invitations in April. Please pray for fruit from these evangelistic efforts. As the church continues to grow, they need more leaders for the various ministries. Pray that God would continue to raise up mature local believers to ... more >
- Supported Worker: Shoreline Church
- Country: United States of America
- Details: Pray for Chris Durbin as he transitions to become the Lead Pastor at Weymouth Church in Medina. Pray for Shoreline’s new youth pastoral resident, Brandon Sherr as he builds relationships with the students and parents of Shoreline as well as with local schools in the community. Pray that all their church attenders might be encouraged to share their faith with family, neighbors, and coworkers. Pray that the ladies who attended their women's conference last month will be encouraged to live out their faith in their daily lives. Youth for Christ is excited that the state lock-up in Massillon has ... more >
- Supported Worker: Chris and Leanne Harrington
- Country: Japan
- Details: Since the pandemic began, the borders of Japan have been closed to new residents, which means new missionaries have been waiting to come and join the work in the field. Recently, Japan reopened their borders and now nine new missionaries are arriving! It has been hectic, but Chris and Leanne feel blessed to have these brothers and sisters joining them. Some have been waiting for over a year with 100% of their support raised. Pray the Lord will help them find the neighborhoods and communities where he desires their new coworkers to live and minister. Pray for language to come ... more >