Chris and Leanne are church planting missionaries with SEND International in Shichigahama, Japan.
Recent Blog Posts More
*Please be in prayer for the summer camps our church is a part of this year. Our three oldest kids will be attending with some of their non-Christian friends. Please pray for these camps, because it allows time for deepening of relationships and a chance to hear the gospel clearly preached. Being able to step away from normal everyday life, allows for many barriers to be removed to hear and dwell on God’s Word.
*The Lord has been working on the hearts of some of our close friends. May the Lord continue to open their hearts to the gospel.
*Two ladies have begun a Bible study with our church planting pastor. Some of you may remember them, since they came to Cleveland to stay with us for a week during our time in America. A couple of Parkside families poured love into them while they were in Cleveland. And now they are seeking the Lord in a Bible study. They are not yet believing in the promise, but we seek the Lord for his moving in their lives.
* Now that summer has arrived, we have more opportunities to gather. Either at the park & BBQs with friends. Or in larger outdoor events or summer camps. God, please open our eyes to the divine appointments you have given us.
* During summer camp we will have around 15 kids coming who are not Christians. These chances to step away from regular life to be able to hear and dwell on the gospel are so crucial in their journey. May the Lord bless these times. Giving the children hearts and ears to hear. And a willingness to openly discuss their thoughts with the different camp leaders.
* May camp not be the only chance we have this summer to share Christ’s love with the people of our community. May the Holy Spirit give us and our church family the words to say when the moment comes.
* In the past, we have asked for prayer for a mother and her son. The son has a genetic disorder which needed a blood transplant and treatment. We thank the Lord that his blood count has recently come back at only 10% bad blood. He needs to make it to 0% bad blood before he can go back to school. Please pray the Lord will bring about the last little bit of healing. His mother also completed her chemotherapy and is doing better.
They have really been through the ringer with the different health issues. We praise the Lord that they have decided to come to church the last couple weeks. May the Holy Spirit lead in conversations to be able to more fully share the fullness of God’s love with them.
* Also, be in prayer for Chris as he begins to work at networking different churches and missions in the Tohoku area. One of the things which will help the church in Japan moving forward is the unity of the church. Coming around the pastors for mutual support and for cooperation.