Chris and Leanne are church planting missionaries with SEND International in Shichigahama, Japan.
Recent Blog Posts More
* Please be in prayer for the ever changing ability to connect with friends and neighbors. We have been going in and out of state-of-emergency protocols here in Japan. This has hinder our ability to consistently be able to gather with people. Pray for safety within the community. But also pray for wisdom on how to best navigate ministry.
* A new prayer request would be for God’s leading as we begin to seek new ministry partnerships in Tohoku Japan for future missionaries. Currently our mission is only doing ministry in 3 of the 6 states in Tohoku. If it is God’s will we would like to help the Japanese churches in the remaining 3 states if it would be beneficial. Pray for we find good gospel partners and situations we can help with.
* A praise would be that we were able to take a vacation for a week as a family. It was great to get unhurried time together. We thank God for a respite after a hot summer filled with different gatherings.
* We have been blessed to be on summer break. It started the last week of July and goes through August. During this time we get many chances to spend time with people. Through BBQs, outings to parks and the beach, and kids camps/events. Please pray for all the seeds being planted this summer. May the Holy Spirit bring the fruit. Ask God to give us opportunities to share the greatest gift ever given.
* Please be in prayer for the many kids and family events we have planned throughout July and August. Many of these gatherings have changed due to COVID concerns. But we nonetheless pray the Lord will allow for further relational connections and many chances to share his love with the people of Japan.
* In the past we have shared about Mrs. Y and her family. The Lord has answers prayer in giving her boys the ability to speak in public. Something they have been reluctant to do for their whole lives. Her youngest son is in need of a treatment using bone marrow. The 6 people in Japan who are a match have declined to go through a blood marrow transplant. The doctor is hopeful that the boys umbilical cord will be enough of a help to him to help heal him of this condition. Please pray fervently for God to heal their son in even a miraculous way to show his power. We pray the Lord will use this situation to draw their eyes away from creation and to the creator.