The Harrington Family
Chris and Leanne work with SEND International in the greater Sendai Japan area.
Recent Blog Posts More
*We praise the Lord for Chris’s test results being high enough to move out of full time language into more ministry. Pray for wisdom as our pastor thinks through ways for Chris to become more involved with ministries at the church.
*We are excited with the different kids ministries in Shichigahama. Pray for the kids and families who have come and will come in the future. May the Lord call people to himself.
* Please pray for wisdom on where to proceed with new ministry opportunities. May the Lord bring clarity as we begin to pray and discuss with SEND leadership and local area pastors.
* Please also pray for the Parkside Team who will be coming to Japan this summer. We praise the Lord for their willingness to serve him in this way. May God be preparing their hearts and minds for how the Lord is wanting to use this trip to impact their lives.
* Pray for Chris as he plans this summer’s SEND Japan conference. May all of the details come together.
* In Japan, March is a month of the year which is full of transitions. It is the end of a school year. It is the time a lot of companies will transfer any employees they were planning to transfer. These are just a few of the things that make up why March is such a transitional month in Japanese life. One of the things that is hard about missionary life is how much transitions and how many “goodbyes” you have to go through. Please pray for our family as we go through March. May it be a time of good farewells.
* Pray for our friends who are moving away. We thank the Lord we have had opportunities to point them to Christ. Pray the Holy Spirit will help those seeds grow in the new contexts our friends will move. May he open their hearts and minds to His gospel. We will miss these friends, but we ultimately want the Lord to be gloried by his being reunited with them through their faith in Him.