The Harrington Family
* Please pray for our upcoming Thanksgiving day events. These are wonderful times to share of Christ love with those around us. Everyone desires to learn more about American culture and Thanksgiving is a part of that. We are able to share what we as Christians are truly thankful for, which is what Christ has done for us. While at the same time being thankful for all of the ways the Lord has blessed us during this last year. May these events grow us closer to our non-christian friends and draw them closer to Christ.
* We look forward to being able to have some family time with Chris' parents who will be coming over to celebrate Thanksgiving. Please pray for their safe travel.
*Please be in prayer for the church plant we are a part of in Shichigahama. We are so excited about the team and we have enjoyed getting more involved in the community. Pray for Pastor Ueno whom we have joined in this endeavor. Pray the Holy Spirit would lead him in how we should reach out to the Shichigahama community.
*Pray for the young families who have already become a part of different events we have had. Pray the Lord opens their hearts and minds as we walk through the Bible with everyone for the first time.
*We praise the Lord for Chris’s test results being high enough to move out of full time language into more ministry. Pray for wisdom as our pastor thinks through ways for Chris to become more involved with ministries at the church.
*We are excited with the different kids ministries in Shichigahama. Pray for the kids and families who have come and will come in the future. May the Lord call people to himself.
* Please pray for wisdom on where to proceed with new ministry opportunities. May the Lord bring clarity as we begin to pray and discuss with SEND leadership and local area pastors.
* Please also pray for the Parkside Team who will be coming to Japan this summer. We praise the Lord for their willingness to serve him in this way. May God be preparing their hearts and minds for how the Lord is wanting to use this trip to impact their lives.
* Pray for Chris as he plans this summer’s SEND Japan conference. May all of the details come together.
* In Japan, March is a month of the year which is full of transitions. It is the end of a school year. It is the time a lot of companies will transfer any employees they were planning to transfer. These are just a few of the things that make up why March is such a transitional month in Japanese life. One of the things that is hard about missionary life is how much transitions and how many “goodbyes” you have to go through. Please pray for our family as we go through March. May it be a time of good farewells.
* Pray for our friends who are moving away. We thank the Lord we have had opportunities to point them to Christ. Pray the Holy Spirit will help those seeds grow in the new contexts our friends will move. May he open their hearts and minds to His gospel. We will miss these friends, but we ultimately want the Lord to be gloried by his being reunited with them through their faith in Him.
* Please be in prayer for our friends who are preparing to move to Tokyo next month. The Lord has given them opportunities to hear the gospel over these last couple of months. Seeds have been scattered. Pray for those seeds to find good soil. Pray this family will be drawn into a relationship with God. We have seen desires to learn more from the Bible. God is so good. We thank him for bringing these friends into our lives and we pray He will draw them into the family of God.
* Continue to pray for our family to grow in our language abilities. To be able to better share our hearts for the Lord with the people whom God has put in our path.
* We thank God for another year here in Japan. The Lord has allowed some of our friendships to continue to grow. We have been able to connect more and more friends to our church for the first time. In Japan, just coming into a church building is a huge step towards God. Please continue to pray for our friends whom we have been able to point to Christ with our lives and occasionally words.
* Pray also for Chris as he prepares for an upcoming language test. May he pass and be able to take on more ministries at our church.
* Please be in prayer for the many Christmas activities we have at our church. Pray for the hearts and minds of those who will attend out of curiosity. May they come to know Jesus as their Lord and savior.
* Praise and continued prayer. Last month we had a friend and her sons come to church for the first time. It was a good time and the boys didn’t want to leave. She thanked us for the time and shared how warm she felt everyone was towards them. We pray this will be a fragrance that will draw her back in the future. We thank the Lord for her willingness to come to church. We pray this will lead to good conversations and discovery of who Jesus is in her life.
* The Lord has opened the door for Leanne to begin meeting with some moms for an English class at our church. Pray for the moms who will be coming to this group. Pray for their eyes to be opened through God's word and through their time together.
* Some of Leanne's friends have asked if there was a way for them to be able to meet to learn English. Our church is providing the curriculum and building for them this new English class to meet. Pray the Holy Spirit will work in the lives of these ladies.
* Please prayer for the Lord to continue to challenge us in areas of language.
* May the Lord give us opportunities to be able to get more into the lives of our neighbors and friends.
* Pray for gospel opportunities to present themselves. We thank the Lord for our many new friends, but we ask for opportunities to be able to share the love we have in Christ.