The Harrington Family
* Praise the Lord we were able to worship as a church plant over Easter! We were able to join in on worshipping together because our 2 week quarantine, after arriving in Japan, was over. May the Lord grow us closer to one another as we strive to spur each other on in our walks with Christ. May the Lord call people in our neighborhood to himself through our lives and conversations.
* Pray the Lord gives us wisdom on how to appropriately reflect Christ’s love in how we interact with people during this time of uncertainty. Our desire is to love as Christ would love. To love others as Christ has loved us. May the Lord give us wisdom on how to best live out our faith and love in our daily life during these uncertain times. Please pray for our pastors as well as they are trying to do the same.
* We thank God for our arrival back in Japan. We were so blessed to have been able to spend a year back in Cleveland with our wonderful Parkside Church family. We appreciate your prayers as we get acclimated to our new community.
* Our kids are still experiencing many firsts as they re-enter school. And we are working to begin the process of reaching out to get to know our neighbors. Please pray for gospel opportunities.
* Praise God for the beginning of a worship service here in Shichigahama. It is a blessing to see the small seeds of a gospel community beginning to blossom.
Please be in prayer for us as we are in the process of transitioning back to Japan. Our hope is to be back in Japan before the school year begins.
We have a couple of specific prayer requests:
*First, is for the new community (Shichigahama) where we will be living for the next 4 years.
*Second, we need the paperwork for Jude to flow through in a timely manor.
*And finally, pray for the emotional health of each member of our family. We are all at different levels of emotion as we go through leaving here and transitioning to Japan. May we each be instruments of God’s grace, love and forgiveness with each other and those around us throughout this process.
We thank and praise God for providing an agreement on a rental home right in the middle of our desired ministry area. The kind of place we were needing is less than 4% of the rental market. We are so blessed by the LORD providing this place. Please pray for the neighbors we have yet to meet. Pray the LORD would be preparing their hearts and minds to hear the message of God’s grace.
We praise God for the many opportunities our ministry friends and church family had to share Christ around the Christmas holiday. Pray these hearts will be drawn closer to the LORD through the hearing of the gospel. The idea of God coming to earth in the form of a baby, to live with us (Emmanuel) is such amazing news. In Japan, so many go to pray to idols of stone, whom can't hear their prayers. These idols are also separated by barriers, but God chose to come to earth, lived and died on our behalf in order to have a relationship with us.
May you please pray for these friends who came to Christmas events and concerts hear the gospel and come to receive the gift of God's grace and mercy. We are thankful to let you all know a house has come on the rental market right in the middle of our desired ministry area. With the help of the SEND Japan business manager we have begun the application process. We hope to find out any day now if we have been approved. Pray for the people of the neighborhood (Shiomidai (SHE-OH-ME-DIE)). May the LORD be preparing us to love on the neighbors He has planned for us. And may He be preparing their hearts to hear the call of Christ's voice, calling them to himself.
We are blessed to be able to reconnect with our Parkside church family over the next 9 months.
*Please pray for us as a family as we work to reacclimate to life in America.
*For Leanne and me coming to Cleveland is like coming home in many ways. But for our kids Cleveland feels like the foreign land. Pray we all have grace for one another as we experience the highs and lows of leaving Japan and being in America at different times.
*Also continue to pray for the Japanese people and the work of our team members going on in Japan while we are away. Pray for our church, Shiogama Church, as they continue to grow deeper in their relationship with the Lord and reach out to others in their neighborhood. Pray for Satoshi and Nozomi, who we will be working closely with upon our return to Japan, as they continue to make inroads into Shichigahama. Preparing for a future church plant in the community.
*We praise God for how he carried us through the transition to America. There were many goodbyes and lots of tears.
*We look forward to reconnecting with our Parkside Church family over these next 10 months. Please also pray for our kids as 3 out of the 4 have spent more of their lives in Japan than in America. For them coming to America is in some ways going to the foreign land. Pray they settle in well.
*Please be praying for A-san and her four kids. The Lord has brought them to our monthly What's Up Kids lunch and english time in Shichigahama. They have been faithfully coming since last June and have even been attending church on Sunday. Please pray the Lord will open their hearts and minds to the gospel. The Lord has begun to do a work in their lives, but please be praying for the soil to be good and for their protection from the evil one as they continue to take steps towards God.
*Also be praying for us as a family. We will be returning to America at the end of this month. There will be many goodbyes and packing to take place this month. It will be physically and emotionally hard for all of us. Please pray we end our time here well.
*Please be in prayer for us as a family as we prepare to return to America. In the coming weeks there will be a lot of packing and goodbyes. Pray we do all of it well. Our hope is to be able to continue to pour into relationships the Lord has given us. While at the same time, getting to the work needing to be done to be ready to get on the plane to America at the end of March.
*Pray for leadership as we continue to pray for future ministry plans when we return in 2020. God has a plan and we are able to look back at our lives to see how God has so lovingly directed our plans to where we are today.
We were so blessed by the amount of friends who were able to come to Christmas events last month. The more and more we gather together in Shichigahama, the more and more it is starting to feel like a family gathering.
*Pray for the families who will coming to meet at the Ueno’s home. May the Holy Spirit be at work in our lives and the lives of everyone who comes.
*Please also pray for Chris as he prepares to preach at Shiogama Church next month.