The James Family - Uruguay
Andrew and Angie are church planting missionaries in Montevideo, Uruguay with Servants In Mission (SIM).
Recent Blog Posts
Andrew & Angie September 2021 Prayer Requests
* We started a new Equipping Servants (ESI) group last month (August). Several students signed up at the last minute and we were able to reach our target of 15 participants. Please pray for the students as they begin to study the book of Romans in depth, that God would draw them closer to Himself and equip them for future ministry.
* The IBM church-plant is doing well. We are currently studying through the book of Genesis on Sundays, and are also focusing much of our energies on small groups, the youth group, and leadership development. Last month the youth group went out to the streets to share food and the gospel with homeless people living on the streets. To our encouragement, the next day one of the people we met on the streets (Gabriel) came to the Sunday service. Please pray for Gabriel's salvation. Pray also that the young people would continue to mature in their faith and their commitment to evangelism.
* Over the course of the past months, God has brought several non-believers into our lives (either in informally or at our Sunday services). Please pray for the salvation of these people, and especially for the salvation of Hermes, Carolina, Diego, and Horacio.
* Please pray that God would continue to give us love, wisdom, and boldness as we seek to care for the people God has put under our care.
Andrew & Angie August 2021 Prayer Requests
* COVID cases had reached an all time high in Uruguay a few weeks ago, placing it as the number one country with new cases per capita. Thankfully, the situation has dramatically improved since then, and things are starting to go back to normal. Please pray that God would encourage and comfort Anita, a woman at church who recently lost her brother to COVID, whose sister was recently diagnosed with cancer, and who is dealing with many other health issues in her family.
* We are scheduled to open a new Equipping Servants (ESI) group on August 7th. Please pray for the students who will begin this process, that they will grow in their love for the Lord and their ability to serve others as they go through this process.
* In July, we started an initiative to equip some of the young men of the church in expository preaching as we work through Bryan Chapel's, "Christ-Centered Preaching." Please pray that as we work with these young men, God would raise up a generation of leaders in Uruguay who faithfully proclaim the Word of God.
Andrew & Angie July 2021 Prayer Requests
* In May, their church held a baptism for Camila and Joaquín who recently came to faith in Christ. They are thankful to God for his work in their lives and pray that he would continue to affirm them in their new faith and use their lives to be a blessing to others.
* Please pray for the Equipping Servants (ESI) ministry in Uruguay as they launch a new group in July. Pray that God will bring the people he wants to be a part of this discipleship process.