Welcome to Parkside's Special Needs Ministry, Faithful Friends. We pray that you will know the love of Christ in real ways as we care for your loved one.
We desire that every person at Parkside Church, with differing abilities, intellect, and skills would become a committed follower of Jesus Christ. We recognize that the Special Needs Ministry will look different than a typical ministry for children, teens, and adults, and we desire that this ministry will:
- enable the full participation of people touched by disability in the life of the church;
- be a safe and loving place for children, teens, and adults with special needs;
- teach children, teens, and adults with special needs the truths of God’s word in ways they may understand;
- show children, teens, and adults with special needs the love of the Lord Jesus Christ in practical ways;
- allow parents/caregivers to worship and study God’s Word, while their family member is safely cared for;
- be a support group for families with children, teens, and adults who have special needs.
We began in 1992 with two teens with special needs and two helpers. Both of these teens are now adults who attend the Faithful Friends Adult class.
Recent Blog Posts
Special Needs Classes Resuming
All of our Faithful Friends classes resume on September 11. The adult class has moved to a new location. It will now be upstairs in room A207. Faithful Friends adult class meets every Sunday at 9am. Faithful Friends Teen class meets every Sunday at 10:30am in room A117. Faithful Friends Jr. class meets every Sunday at 10:30am in room A115. Families are asked to register weekly for the Jr. and Teen classes.
Register for the Jr. class HERE.
Register for the Teen class HERE.
Special Needs Ministry Volunteers Needed
Our Jr., Teen, and Adult classes meet every Sunday morning for a time of singing, prayer, and the study of God’s Word. We strive to show how the gospel is truly accessible to all. While our classroom routine might look a little different than a typical classroom, our goal is to provide a safe and loving place for children, youth, and adults with special needs to become committed followers of Christ.
As our classes reopen this month, we hope to have 5-10 new workers in place who can serve weekly or twice monthly. Training will be provided. Will you consider serving with us? Sign up to serve >
Faithful Friends Jr./Teens Picnic Potluck
Faithful Friends Jr., Teens and their families are invited to join us for fellowship and fun at the Loft/Warehouse (31200 Solon Rd., Solon, OH 44139) for a picnic potluck from 4-6pm. Please bring a dish to share. Burgers and hot dogs will be provided. RSVP to Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org.