Welcome to Parkside's Special Needs Ministry, Faithful Friends. We pray that you will know the love of Christ in real ways as we care for your loved one.
We desire that every person at Parkside Church, with differing abilities, intellect, and skills would become a committed follower of Jesus Christ. We recognize that the special needs ministry will look different than a typical ministry for children, youth, and adults, and we desire that this ministry will:
- enable the full participation of people touched by disability in the life of the church;
- be a safe and loving place for children, youth, and adults with special needs;
- teach children, youth, and adults with special needs the truths of God’s Word in ways they may understand;
- show children, youth, and adults with special needs the love of the Lord Jesus Christ in practical ways;
- allow parents/caregivers to worship and study God’s Word, while their family member is safely cared for;
- be a support group for families with children, youth, and adults who have special needs.
We began in 1992 with two teens with special needs and two helpers. Both of these teens are now adults who attend the Faithful Friends class. We now serve approximately 50 children, adults, and teens in our three classes: Faithful Friends, Jr., Faithful Friends Teens, and Faithful Friends adults.
Recent Blog Posts
Special Needs Ministry Volunteers Needed
Our Jr., Teen, and Adult classes meet every Sunday morning for a time of singing, prayer, and the study of God’s Word. We strive to show how the gospel is truly accessible to all. While our classroom routine might look a little different than a typical classroom, our goal is to provide a safe and loving place for children, youth, and adults with special needs to become committed followers of Christ.
As our classes reopen this month, we hope to have 5-10 new workers in place who can serve weekly or twice monthly. Training will be provided. Will you consider serving with us? Sign up to serve >
Faithful Friends Jr./Teens Picnic Potluck
Faithful Friends Jr., Teens and their families are invited to join us for fellowship and fun at the Loft/Warehouse (31200 Solon Rd., Solon, OH 44139) for a picnic potluck from 4-6pm. Please bring a dish to share. Burgers and hot dogs will be provided. RSVP to Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
August 2021 Faithful Friends Ministry Summer Break
The month of August brings some schedule changes for our Faithful Friends classes. Faithful Friends Jr., Teen and adult classes will be on summer break from August 1-September 5th. We will resume our normal class schedule on Sunday, September 12th.