Welcome to Parkside's Special Needs Ministry, Faithful Friends. We pray that you will know the love of Christ in real ways as we care for your loved one.
We desire that every person at Parkside Church, regardless of abilities, intellect and skills would become a committed follower of Jesus Christ. We recognize that the special needs ministry will look very different than a typical ministry for children, youth, and adults, and we desire that this ministry will:
- be a safe and loving place for children, youth, and adults with special needs;
- teach children, youth, and adults with special needs the truths of God’s Word in ways they may understand;
- show children, youth, and adults with special needs the love of the Lord Jesus Christ in practical ways;
- allow parents/caregivers to worship and study God’s Word, free from worry about their children;
- be a support group for families with children, youth, and adults who have special needs.
We began in 1992 with two teens with special needs and two helpers. Both of these teens are now adults who attend the Faithful Friends class. We now serve approximately 50 children, adults, and teens in our three classes: Faithful Friends, Jr., Faithful Friends Teens, and Faithful Friends adults.
Recent Blog Posts
Special Needs Volunteers Needed
Will you consider joining our Special Needs Ministry this year?
We are praying that God would provide 10 volunteers for our most immediate need in Faithful Friends, Jr. Experience working in special needs is not required, although it is a plus. On-the-job-training is provided. If you are interested in serving, in learning more, or have questions, please contact Julie.
Faithful Friends Class: Summer Schedule 2019
During the months of July and August, Faithful Friends will be on summer break, but don't miss a special event in July!
Easter Sunday Updates
On Easter Sunday, April 21, we will have an amended schedule for Children's Ministry and our Faithful Friends class (adults special needs).