July Prayer Calendar Archive
"Pray also for us..."
So states the apostle Paul in a letter to believers in Colosse, acknowledging a somewhat stunning reality: though the Christians to whom he was writing were separated from him physically, they could nonetheless participate in his ministry! God’s people could join in God’s work of taking the Gospel to those who hadn’t heard it simply by praying for their missionary pastor.
These realities are no less true today. As a church, Parkside has been blessed with the opportunity to support many missionaries scattered around the world, all of whom are seeking to share the Good News of Jesus with people who have yet to hear and believe it. Can we really help them, being thousands of miles and numerous time zones away? According to Paul, yes! The purpose of this missionary prayer calendar is to inform you of what is going on in certain parts of the world, and invite you to participate in the work through prayer.
The format is simple. Each day, you will find a missionary or organization that Parkside supports, along with one of their specific prayer requests. You’ll also find a different country of the world and how you can best be praying for the people there.
Our hope in arranging this is that you’ll know the privilege of participating in the work of the Gospel, which as Paul also tells the Colossians, is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world. We trust that praying for the nations will increase our heart for the world, causing us to increasingly desire and work towards seeing unbelieving people of all nations become committed followers of Christ!
[ Last Seven Days ] View Full Month
- Supported Worker: Pastoral Assistants
- Country: Bolivia
- Details: Pray for Pastoral Assistant volunteers in La Paz studying 16 hours each week preparing messages and preaching through the book of Romans. God is using these men to impact increasing numbers of churches in La Paz and Santa Cruz. Pray for Pastor Edgar Mamani, as he pastors the IBM church, trains PA volunteers, and develops ESI among the Tacana First People’s church leaders in the Rurrenebaque region of Bolivia. Bahamas (Caribbean). Christian commitment is low and nominalism widespread, despite nearly all Bahamians claiming to be Christian. Pray for revival and for a missionary vision among believers. Barbados (Caribbean). External challenges ... more >
- Supported Worker: The City Mission
- Country: United States of America
- Details: Praise God there were no COVID-19 cases found in Laura’s Home and pray for the summer programs for the children as they comply with the limitations on groups sizes and activities. Pray that the children feel loved and cared for. Crossroads also reports no COVID-19 cases. Pray for the staff and men as they adjust to a new schedule and guidelines as classes start back up. Pray for the summer interns and volunteers. Pray also for Bianca and her family as they prepare for their move in early July to their new home. Azerbaijan (Asia). The openness and freedoms immediately ... more >
- Supported Worker: Mike & Cindy in the U.S.
- Details: Pray for their daughter Rachel’s wedding to Austin on July 11, that the joyful event would bring glory to God and that He would bless this beginning of their life together as the center of their relationship. Austria (Europe). Austria, a nation of culture, music, art and beautiful scenery, lies for the most part spiritually empty. While 84% of Austrians believe in God (high for Europe), few have met Jesus personally. Rates of suicide, abortion, and alcoholism indicate the great need for spiritual foundations. Pray for the shell of religion in this nation to be filled by the living presence ... more >
- Supported Worker: Parkside Green
- Country: United States of America
- Details: Thank the Lord for sustaining and strengthening Parkside Green during this time of pandemic, including several joyous outdoor services in June. As they move toward likely indoor services in July, please ask the Lord to grant them continuing safety and unity in the Lord. Please also pray for God to use Pastor Adam’s messages from the Sermon on the Mount to fashion them into faithful followers of King Jesus. Additionally, join in thanking the Lord for accomplishing His work through the missionaries they are privileged to support in Dubai, UAE and in Nairobi, Kenya. Australia (Pacific). The Church in Australia ... more >
- Supported Worker: Andrew & Angie James
- Country: Uruguay
- Details: As society is "shaken up" by the pandemic. Please pray that as a church they would be bold and faithful in sharing the hope found in Christ with a lost world. This month the women of the church are preparing and sharing short evangelistic videos with their unbelieving friends. Pray that God would bring spiritual fruit from this effort. Also, pray that distributing food packages to families in need will allow them to develop gospel connections with unbelievers. Armenia (Asia). Armenia was the world’s first Christian nation and enjoys a great spiritual legacy of more than 1,700 years of ... more >