Middle School Students
We're so excited to see you!
As Ohio begins to lift COVID-19 restrictions, Student Ministry will begin to meet in person for its midweek gatherings in June. In order to do this, we ask for your cooperation in following the requirements and guidelines listed below.
Requirements to Attend Gatherings
Temperature: Please take your temperature prior to arrival. This will be recorded by a small group leader each week. A temperature of 100 degrees or higher is asked to stay home.
Mask: A mask must be brought to all student gatherings.
It is not needed outside, but should be worn inside.
It will be worn for the entirety of large group gatherings, and worn in the building at all times except when your small group leader indicates that it’s okay to remove during small group gatherings and small group discussions.
Social Distancing: Social distancing protocols are to be observed at all times. Stand or sit 6-8 feet apart and no touching other people.
Willingness to follow expectations: Every person or family will have differing views on this virus, on our country’s response, and on personal responsibility and freedom. But, at this time, participation in Parkside Groups means a willing adherence to the regulations that Parkside has established for reopening.
Small Groups | June 2 | 7-8pm
Weather permitting, you will meet with your small group from 7-8pm at a designated place in the Parkside Church parking lot. Should there be inclement weather, we will meet inside.
Student Impact | June 9, 16, 23 | 7-8:30pm
Weather permitting, we will begin SI outside on the Patio/Lawn. Bring a blanket or chair to sit on the ground and to help remind you to Social Distance. We'll move in to the Auditorium for worship and teaching.
*Please note we are not transitioning grades yet. Students completing 8th grade will continue to attend Middle School events until further notice. Incoming 6th grade students will be added at a later time.
Additional Guidelines & Logistics
Drop-Off and Pick-up: will be at the Auditorium entrances A2, A3, and A4.
- Drop-Off: Adult leaders will be stationed at these doors to log temperatures and advise students where to go
- Pick-Up: Students will be dismissed by small groups at staggered times
- Parents: Please remain in your cars when dropping off or picking up students. You will not be able to get inside the building.
In the Church
- Students will remain on the first floor, limited to the surrounding Auditorium hallways. Closed doors and/or signs will indicate if you can or cannot be in an area.
- Three bathrooms that are around the Auditorium will be open for use: Commons, the bathrooms near the Venue, and the bathrooms near the Maintenance Office. These will be restricted to 3 people at a time in each.
In the Auditorium
- Students will sit in the middle two sections
- Three seats in between each student in a row
- Staggered row seating (the person behind will sit in the gap space of the row ahead)
- Students will fill in front to back
Additional Questions or Concerns
Should you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to Mac at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church at 440-543-1212.