The Greeters welcome people to the building, answer questions about the church and help guide visitors. Individuals serve on an every other month rotation on Sundays.
Types of Greeter Roles:
1) Info Center Greeter
2) Door Greeter
3) Visitors Welcome Greeter
1) Be informed: Read the bulletin and subscribe to the Parkside Insider>
2) Be on time: Commitment is approximately 20-30 minutes after the service to which you are assigned. For those working Information Center or Welcome Center, be at your desk a few minutes just prior to the service ending so you are there when people come out of the service.
3) Stay focused: Try not to use this service time to engage in only talking with friends – focus on outreach to newcomers and others.
4) Be Accomodating: Walk guests to the rooms they are looking for, show them around, make them feel welcome, answer their questions – get personal!
5) Communicate with Coordinators: Each greeter should provide their email address and phone number so that they are able to receive messages from the coordinators regarding upcoming news, change in services, change in children’s classes, etc.
6) Nametags: Each greeter will wear their nametag when serving at their assigned door, info desk or welcome center desk.
7) Substitutes: Each greeter is responsible for using the sub list to get a substitute for when he/she cannot serve at their assigned time.
8)Pray: For this ministry and that our greeters can give fully to what their role is and that God may use each to serve His purpose (Matt.5:16).
Please contact Anne & Richard Johns via email if you are interested in serving on this team.