Do you live close to Parkside Church and have extra space in your home to host a couple Ambassadors' soccer coaches the week of July 7-14? We are looking for 5-6 families who can warmly welcome coaches to stay with them during the week of camp. Do you have a child attending camp? We encourage you to consider the opportunity to host coaches! We currently need housing for at least 10 coaches.
What does hosting involve? Here are the highlights:
- Provide a warm welcome and include them in your family activities as much as possible.
- Provide a bed for each coach. We ask families to take 2 coaches so they aren't alone in a home without support from a fellow Ambassadors teammate (coaches are the same gender in each home).
- Provide dinner each night for the coaches. Breakfast and lunch are provided by Parkside on camp days; on non-camp days (like Sunday), host families are asked to provide any meals needed.
- Make laundry facilties available (you are NOT asked to wash their laundry, but they may need help figuring out your machines!)
- Provide transportation to/from camp each day. Camp runs from 9am-3pm, but coaches arrive to Parkside by 7:30am for breakfast, devotions, and coach planning. If you live close to the church, we may be able to help with morning transportation if needed. Many host dads (and some moms) drop coaches on their way to work in the morning. Coaches usually stay at Parkside for 30 minutes each day after all kids are picked up for a debrief meeting.
When will coaches arrive? They will be delivered to Parkside Church on Sunday, July 7 between 1-2 pm for pick-up by host families. Alternatively, if host families want to pick up at Christ Community Chapel in Hudson around noon, they may do so.
How long do coaches stay? They will transition from your home on Sunday, July 14 around 2 pm (leaving from Parkside Church). Host families are asked to feed them lunch before sending them on their way to the next camp
If you are interested in hosting, please email Kelly Coy by Wednesday, July 3 or call the office at 440.708.2112.