The Harrington Family
Recent Blogposts More
Location: The Venue at Parkside Church
Start Time: Sun 13, Aug. 2017, 9:45 a.m.
End Time: Sun 13, Aug. 2017, 10:45 a.m.
Come and greet Parkside missionaries Chris & Leanne Harrington on Sunday, August 13 at 9:45 am in the Venue. They are on their first home assignment since moving to Japan to serve with SEND and will be sharing an update on their ministry.
* Please be in prayer for us as we continue to get into relationships in our community. The Lord has opened some new doors for us since the beginning of the new school year (April). We praise the Lord for these new connections and pray for gospel opportunities.
* Please also pray for safety as we travel to our annual SEND Japan conference.
* We thank the Lord for new friendships He has brought our way through our kids schools. Pray for these relationships. May the Lord give us opportunities to be able to share the gospel through our lives and conversations.
* Pray also for Chris' language teacher "T". Last month he was able to share the gospel while talking about what Christians celebrate on Easter. May the Lord continue to give us gospel opportunities with people.
* Please be in prayer for Chris as he prepares for his language test this month. Pray for focus and peace as he makes his last days of study before going into the test. This is the test that will determine our moving out of full time language learning to part time. And also then give him the capacity to be able to come along side the ministry at our church in a broader way.
* Praise the Lord for good transitions for our kids into their new classes and schools.
*April is the beginning of the new school year here in Japan. Mark is now in 3rd grade and will continue on with his currently classmates. Lillia will be entering Mark's same school as a 1st grader! Please be in prayer for her as she goes through so many changes that comes with entry into a new school. Pray also for Claire who will be entering Kindergarten. Pray for all of the new relationships that will begin because of all of these new changes.
*Please also pray for our friend Mrs. Y. Pray for her and her boys as she is going through some difficult times in her marriage. We thank the Lord for her willingness to reach out to us. May the Lord direct us on how to minister to her and point her to Christ through a painful time.
* Please be in prayer for us, our church and friends as we approach the major transitions that happen during the month of March. This month is when all kids graduate from one grade and move up to the next. It is also a time where a lot of people move jobs and homes. Pray for all of the goodbyes we will experience. Pray for the conversations to be opportunities to point to Christ.
* We thank the Lord for chances to share our faith and pray there may be more opportunities in the future. Pray also for the new friends we will be able to interact with in the coming months. Mark will be moving up a grade, while Lillia and Claire will be transferring schools. We pray it will be a smooth transition and great new friends for them to enjoy.
Two years ago we were just learning where we would be in Japan. Being in northern Japan was not our intention. We thought we would begin in Tokyo near the many language schools. God had other plans. We were not planning for Mark to go directly into Japanese elementary school or for Lillia to begin Japanese kindergarten, but God had other plans. As Jeff Mills likes to say, “Hold loosely onto your plans and hold tightly onto God.”
* We praise the Lord for helping us as a family reach the halfway point of our first four year term here in Japan. God has poured such grace into our family during the ups and downs of these past two years.
* We are thankful for the friends the Lord has put in our lives, with whom we have been able to recently get to know on a deeper level. Pray the gospel seeds which have been spread would grow to faith in the Lord.
Dear friends and family,
Our hearts are full this Christmas with thankfulness to God. It's a joy to look back on this year and reminisce about God’s faithfulness. Early in the year we had our fourth child, Graham. His birth brought the unexpected blessing of needy-ness. We watched in awe as God met need after need by our new community. It deepened our relationships with our unbelieving friends and our church family.
* Praise God for the new families who were able to get connected with our church through last month's Thanksgiving celebration. May these relationships continue to grow and bare fruit.
* Please pray for our Christmas concert. May the Lord be preparing the hearts and minds of the people He will be bringing. The gospel was presented at the Thanksgiving celebration and will be also at the Christmas concert. Pray for the seeds that will be spread. May the Lord bring them to maturity.