The Harrington Family
Recent Blogposts More
* Please be in prayer for our friends who are preparing to move to Tokyo next month. The Lord has given them opportunities to hear the gospel over these last couple of months. Seeds have been scattered. Pray for those seeds to find good soil. Pray this family will be drawn into a relationship with God. We have seen desires to learn more from the Bible. God is so good. We thank him for bringing these friends into our lives and we pray He will draw them into the family of God.
* Continue to pray for our family to grow in our language abilities. To be able to better share our hearts for the Lord with the people whom God has put in our path.
* We thank God for another year here in Japan. The Lord has allowed some of our friendships to continue to grow. We have been able to connect more and more friends to our church for the first time. In Japan, just coming into a church building is a huge step towards God. Please continue to pray for our friends whom we have been able to point to Christ with our lives and occasionally words.
* Pray also for Chris as he prepares for an upcoming language test. May he pass and be able to take on more ministries at our church.
* Please be in prayer for the many Christmas activities we have at our church. Pray for the hearts and minds of those who will attend out of curiosity. May they come to know Jesus as their Lord and savior.
* Praise and continued prayer. Last month we had a friend and her sons come to church for the first time. It was a good time and the boys didn’t want to leave. She thanked us for the time and shared how warm she felt everyone was towards them. We pray this will be a fragrance that will draw her back in the future. We thank the Lord for her willingness to come to church. We pray this will lead to good conversations and discovery of who Jesus is in her life.
* The Lord has opened the door for Leanne to begin meeting with some moms for an English class at our church. Pray for the moms who will be coming to this group. Pray for their eyes to be opened through God's word and through their time together.
* Some of Leanne's friends have asked if there was a way for them to be able to meet to learn English. Our church is providing the curriculum and building for them this new English class to meet. Pray the Holy Spirit will work in the lives of these ladies.
* Please prayer for the Lord to continue to challenge us in areas of language.
* May the Lord give us opportunities to be able to get more into the lives of our neighbors and friends.
* Pray for gospel opportunities to present themselves. We thank the Lord for our many new friends, but we ask for opportunities to be able to share the love we have in Christ.
We thank God for the wonderful encouraging weekend we had at Parkside last month. The Lord has been so blessed us so much through our Cleveland church family.
* Please pray for our friend relationships. Pray the Lord gives us opportunities to be able to get into gospel conversations.
* Pray also for Chris as he continues to learn the language.
* Please be in prayer for the families who were able to hear the gospel for the first time at our July VBS and English camp. Pray for them as they think about the people they met, the songs and the verses they heard. May the Lord open their hearts and minds to the good news they have heard.
* We are curriently traveling in the US this month. It's a chance for us to be able to reconnect with family and our church family. Pray for us as we deal with jet lag and for safety as we travel.
Location: The Venue at Parkside Church
Start Time: Sun 13, Aug. 2017, 9:45 a.m.
End Time: Sun 13, Aug. 2017, 10:45 a.m.
Come and greet Parkside missionaries Chris & Leanne Harrington on Sunday, August 13 at 9:45 am in the Venue. They are on their first home assignment since moving to Japan to serve with SEND and will be sharing an update on their ministry.
* Please be in prayer for us as we continue to get into relationships in our community. The Lord has opened some new doors for us since the beginning of the new school year (April). We praise the Lord for these new connections and pray for gospel opportunities.
* Please also pray for safety as we travel to our annual SEND Japan conference.
* We thank the Lord for new friendships He has brought our way through our kids schools. Pray for these relationships. May the Lord give us opportunities to be able to share the gospel through our lives and conversations.
* Pray also for Chris' language teacher "T". Last month he was able to share the gospel while talking about what Christians celebrate on Easter. May the Lord continue to give us gospel opportunities with people.