The Harrington Family
Recent Blogposts More
* The Lord has opened the door for Leanne to begin meeting with some moms for an English class at our church. Pray for the moms who will be coming to this group. Pray for their eyes to be opened through God's word and through their time together.
* Some of Leanne's friends have asked if there was a way for them to be able to meet to learn English. Our church is providing the curriculum and building for them this new English class to meet. Pray the Holy Spirit will work in the lives of these ladies.
* Please prayer for the Lord to continue to challenge us in areas of language.
* May the Lord give us opportunities to be able to get more into the lives of our neighbors and friends.
* Pray for gospel opportunities to present themselves. We thank the Lord for our many new friends, but we ask for opportunities to be able to share the love we have in Christ.
We thank God for the wonderful encouraging weekend we had at Parkside last month. The Lord has been so blessed us so much through our Cleveland church family.
* Please pray for our friend relationships. Pray the Lord gives us opportunities to be able to get into gospel conversations.
* Pray also for Chris as he continues to learn the language.
* Please be in prayer for the families who were able to hear the gospel for the first time at our July VBS and English camp. Pray for them as they think about the people they met, the songs and the verses they heard. May the Lord open their hearts and minds to the good news they have heard.
* We are curriently traveling in the US this month. It's a chance for us to be able to reconnect with family and our church family. Pray for us as we deal with jet lag and for safety as we travel.
Location: The Venue at Parkside Church
Start Time: Sun 13, Aug. 2017, 9:45 a.m.
End Time: Sun 13, Aug. 2017, 10:45 a.m.
Come and greet Parkside missionaries Chris & Leanne Harrington on Sunday, August 13 at 9:45 am in the Venue. They are on their first home assignment since moving to Japan to serve with SEND and will be sharing an update on their ministry.
* Please be in prayer for us as we continue to get into relationships in our community. The Lord has opened some new doors for us since the beginning of the new school year (April). We praise the Lord for these new connections and pray for gospel opportunities.
* Please also pray for safety as we travel to our annual SEND Japan conference.
* We thank the Lord for new friendships He has brought our way through our kids schools. Pray for these relationships. May the Lord give us opportunities to be able to share the gospel through our lives and conversations.
* Pray also for Chris' language teacher "T". Last month he was able to share the gospel while talking about what Christians celebrate on Easter. May the Lord continue to give us gospel opportunities with people.
* Please be in prayer for Chris as he prepares for his language test this month. Pray for focus and peace as he makes his last days of study before going into the test. This is the test that will determine our moving out of full time language learning to part time. And also then give him the capacity to be able to come along side the ministry at our church in a broader way.
* Praise the Lord for good transitions for our kids into their new classes and schools.
*April is the beginning of the new school year here in Japan. Mark is now in 3rd grade and will continue on with his currently classmates. Lillia will be entering Mark's same school as a 1st grader! Please be in prayer for her as she goes through so many changes that comes with entry into a new school. Pray also for Claire who will be entering Kindergarten. Pray for all of the new relationships that will begin because of all of these new changes.
*Please also pray for our friend Mrs. Y. Pray for her and her boys as she is going through some difficult times in her marriage. We thank the Lord for her willingness to reach out to us. May the Lord direct us on how to minister to her and point her to Christ through a painful time.
* Please be in prayer for us, our church and friends as we approach the major transitions that happen during the month of March. This month is when all kids graduate from one grade and move up to the next. It is also a time where a lot of people move jobs and homes. Pray for all of the goodbyes we will experience. Pray for the conversations to be opportunities to point to Christ.
* We thank the Lord for chances to share our faith and pray there may be more opportunities in the future. Pray also for the new friends we will be able to interact with in the coming months. Mark will be moving up a grade, while Lillia and Claire will be transferring schools. We pray it will be a smooth transition and great new friends for them to enjoy.