Monthly Prayer Calendar
"Pray also for us..."
So states the apostle Paul in a letter to believers in Colosse, acknowledging a somewhat stunning reality: though the Christians to whom he was writing were separated from him physically, they could nonetheless participate in his ministry! God’s people could join in God’s work of taking the Gospel to those who hadn’t heard it simply by praying for their missionary pastor.
These realities are no less true today. As a church, Parkside has been blessed with the opportunity to support many missionaries scattered around the world, all of whom are seeking to share the Good News of Jesus with people who have yet to hear and believe it. Can we really help them, being thousands of miles and numerous time zones away? According to Paul, yes! The purpose of this missionary prayer calendar is to inform you of what is going on in certain parts of the world, and invite you to participate in the work through prayer.
The format is simple. Each day, you will find a missionary or organization that Parkside supports, along with one of their specific prayer requests. You’ll also find a different country of the world and how you can best be praying for the people there.
Our hope in arranging this is that you’ll know the privilege of participating in the work of the Gospel, which as Paul also tells the Colossians, is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world. We trust that praying for the nations will increase our heart for the world, causing us to increasingly desire and work towards seeing unbelieving people of all nations become committed followers of Christ!
Last Seven Days [ View Full Month ]
- Supported Worker: Brenda Ziska
- Country: Austria
- Details: Praise God for the Klosterneuburg Church Retreat in August. The church was excited that all of the teens in the Children´s home were allowed to come and the staff person from the home ended up being the Director of the home. She told Brenda again that every time Brenda along with the church comes to celebrate the kids´ birthdays they notice that the children change, even in the midst of doing fun and active activities. Pray for their visit to the Children´s home for the birthday party at the end of September. Some of the teens at the home are ... more >
- Supported Worker: Kep & Debbie James
- Country: Bolivia
- Details: Pray for Kep and Debbie’s adult children: Pray for Sami and Heather (children Ethan, Shae) developing a ministry of Biblical counseling in churches in La Paz; Pray for Katie as she works as a nurse at the Cleveland Clinic and reaches out to students from different countries sharing the good news of Jesus with them; Pray for Andrew and Angie (children Nicole, Camille, Zack) as they build friendships with believers and unbelieving people in Uruguay that God would allow them to plant a strong gospel church in Montevideo. Tripura (India). Christians have been persecuted by animists and by extreme Hindu groups ... more >
- Supported Worker: Johannes Thaele
- Country: South Africa
- Details: Johannes Thaele is ministering at Van Stadensrus twice a month and he spends two to three days teaching the gospel at the schools during the day and after school he is busy with counselling. July 24-26 Johannes presented a camp for youth and learners of Van Stadensrus. More than 300 children attended the camp. There were various activities that took place in those three days: singing songs of praise, memorizing Bible verses and playing games. Many children surrendered their lives to Jesus. Please pray for the work of Van Stadensrus to grow. Pray for the young people who committed their ... more >
- Supported Worker: Jon & Ruthie Ortlip
- Country: United States of America
- Details: Ruthie and Jon want to thank Parkside for praying for them and for the ministry of Ambassadors Football. In the past 17 years God has expanded Ambassadors growth to more than 20 nations having an impact for Christ stretching from Ohio to Outer Mongolia. Please continue to lift Ambassadors up to the Lord. Macedonia Arena is in Phase I. The foundation has been laid and steel is being erected at the new facility in Macedonia. Please pray that Ambassador’s will be able to get into the building in early January. Please pray for the Rwanda Project. Ambassadors have entered into ... more >
- Supported Worker: Andrew & Angie James
- Country: Japan
- Details: Please pray for the various Bible studies Andrew and Angie are leading - youth at Paso Carrasco, adults, and the women's Bible study Angie is leading. Please pray that God would use his Word to strengthen the Church and transform lives. Pray especially for the young people at Paso Carrasco - though most of them are not yet believers, it appears that God is starting to touch some of their lives. Please pray for their salvation. Madhya Pradesh (India). This state was one of the last to open up for missions. It is strongly Hindu with stern laws limiting conversions ... more >
- Supported Worker: Alternaterm Pregnancy Services
- Country: United States of America
- Details: Please pray for the Fall in Love with Life Banquet on Friday, September 22, asking for God's blessings on all the efforts that will go into organizing this event. They are praying that God will draw many through this event through advertisement of Moody Radio and other avenues and for His provision. Pray that sponsors will come forth to underwrite some of this event. Continue to pray that abortion-minded/abortion-determined clients will consider adoption as an option. Pray for protection and strength for the center, staff and volunteers. Pray that they will not grow weary in well-doing! Karnataka (India). Bangalore’s ... more >
- Supported Worker: Equipping Servants Internship (ESI)
- Countries: Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru, Uruguay
- Details: Pray for the many new ESI (Equipping Servants Internship) groups that started last month in Santa Cruz, Bolivia, in Temuco, Chile and in Bogota, Colombia. There is great enthusiasm about studying the Word of God. So many church leaders have recognized the terrible consequences in their churches and in their own lives from abandoning the Bible over recent years. Pray for gospel impact in lives, marriages, families, ministries, churches and cities in these new regions as pastors and church leaders commit to study the Bible together. Pray for the ESI “Fundamentos” pastors conference in Bogota (October 12-14) on the topic ... more >