Monthly Prayer Calendar
"Pray also for us..."
So states the apostle Paul in a letter to believers in Colosse, acknowledging a somewhat stunning reality: though the Christians to whom he was writing were separated from him physically, they could nonetheless participate in his ministry! God’s people could join in God’s work of taking the Gospel to those who hadn’t heard it simply by praying for their missionary pastor.
These realities are no less true today. As a church, Parkside has been blessed with the opportunity to support many missionaries scattered around the world, all of whom are seeking to share the Good News of Jesus with people who have yet to hear and believe it. Can we really help them, being thousands of miles and numerous time zones away? According to Paul, yes! The purpose of this missionary prayer calendar is to inform you of what is going on in certain parts of the world, and invite you to participate in the work through prayer.
The format is simple. Each day, you will find a missionary or organization that Parkside supports, along with one of their specific prayer requests. You’ll also find a different country of the world and how you can best be praying for the people there.
Our hope in arranging this is that you’ll know the privilege of participating in the work of the Gospel, which as Paul also tells the Colossians, is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world. We trust that praying for the nations will increase our heart for the world, causing us to increasingly desire and work towards seeing unbelieving people of all nations become committed followers of Christ!
Last Seven Days [ View Full Month ]
- Supported Worker: Matt Pheneger
- Country: Peru
- Details: Please pray for the addition of new ministry in Latin America. A number of their current works are expanding their impact through training churches and launching new Ambassadors programs that are ministering to more kids and their families. Jonathan in El Salvador and Gabriel in Bolivia have just been accepted as staff and will be initiating new Ambassadors works in the coming months as well. Pray for them as they mobilize churches across their countries to reach out through fútbol. As a part of their preparation, they will be traveling to NE Ohio in July for a week of training ... more >
- Supported Worker: Bobby & Julie in East Asia
- Details: Pray for mutual encouragement among gospel workers in Bobby & Julie’s area of service. Pray for opportunities to pray and read the word together. Pray for those who have yet to believe in their area, that God will open a door for the good news. Please continue to pray for Bobby, Julie and children's language learning and growth in the Lord. Grenada (Caribbean). The devastation of hurricanes in 2004 and 2005 is still felt. Although fewer than 40 were killed, 90% of the nation’s buildings were destroyed, and the agriculture and tourism sectors were virtually annihilated. Both sectors have ... more >
- Supported Worker: Truth For Life
- Country: United States of America
- Details: As Truth For Life continues to seek staff additions for key positions, please pray that God will bring the right resources and skill sets to the team so that God’s Word will go out to an even larger audience through the daily teaching. Pray for the Basics Conference on May 7-9, for pastors and church leaders. In particular, pray for Alistair Begg, Christopher Ash, and Tim Savage so that God will use them mightily to encourage both an in-person audience, and an online audience, of Bible teachers to proclaim the Truth with boldness and conviction. Greenland (North America). Indigenous believers ... more >
- Supported Worker: Delhi Bible Institute
- Country: India
- Details: DBI is prayerfully taking a step of faith in moving into Bhopal, the capital of Madhya Pradesh. To begin with, an apartment will be rented out. Ram Charan, who hails from Madhya Pradesh and had been working as an accountant in Jaipur Anugrah Ashram, has been chosen to go there to build partnerships with the local pastors and leaders. He will be involved in evangelism and has been encouraged to begin a Bible study in the nieghbourhood. Pray for provision from the Lord to open a training centre in Bhopal this year. Pray for the 20 men supported by Parkside as ... more >
- Supported Worker: Jeffrey & Katherine Robinson
- Country: United States of America
- Details: Praise the Lord for growing interest in starting a new church west of Austin. At this point, meetings are taking place every two weeks on Sunday evenings. One meeting is focused on prayer with the core group, and then the alternate week is one of Q&A, updates, discussion and encouragement for anyone interested in participating in the church plant. Please pray that prayer would be central, that authentic Christ-centered relationships would be built and that those committed to starting a church would have much wisdom and grace and they discern the way forward. Pray also for the integrity of the ... more >
- Supported Worker: Kep & Debbie James
- Country: Bolivia
- Details: Pray that God will give Pastor Pepe Rocha a deep passion for Christ in his pastoral ministry in the ILC Church in La Paz, Bolivia. Pray that the fruit of this discipleship will be a mature church committed to evangelistic effort taking the Good News of Christ to unbelieving people across Latin America. Debbie and Kep had a wonderful time with the ESI Chile team in the city of Temuco in April. There were 52 facilitators present at the Facilitator Training, and there is great interest in starting new ESI groups in Santiago, Concepcion and Valparaiso, Chile. Pray for Debbie’s ... more >