The Prison Ministry provides biblical instruction to prison inmates through a partnership with Crossroad Bible Institute. Individuals correspond with inmates who complete Bible courses and send in the mail for feedback. Learn more about CBI at www.cbi.fm
Become an Instructor
If you are interested in becoming a Crossroad Instructor, complete the volunteer form. You will receive a formal application, which you will complete, along with a recommendation from the Parkside pastoral staff. You'll receive detailed instructional materials to familiarize yourself with the Crossroad program, its goals, and procedures. As an instructor, you always remain anonymous.
Many instructors at Parkside Church have found this is a rewarding way to be involved in sharing the Gospel with seekers and discipling young believers, in a non-threatening and effective way. Once your application has been approved, you'll be able to enter the rotation to review inmates' lessons:
1) Pick up one or more lessons each Sunday.
2) Grade and correct these using the answer sheets you will receive from Crossroad.
3) Write a one-page letter of encouragement to the student.
4) Mail the corrected lesson and letter directly to the student.
4) Report the student's score to Crossroad by e-mail, phone, or mail.