Full-time Accounting Manager
Parkside Church is seeking an enthusiastic accounting professional with experience in all aspects of accounting including general ledger, financial analysis, audit work paper preparation, accounts payable, and credit card expenses. This position will be the first line supervisor of staff members and report to the Business Administrator.
- Serve as lead person for the accounting department overseeing the day-to-day operations.
- Monthly financial reporting. This will include analysis of the balance sheet and profit and loss as it compares to the budget.
- Assists in maintaining and keeping current the general ledger chart of accounts.
- Assists with development, review, and modification of all accounting policies and procedures.
- Communicates with ministry/department heads monthly and/or as requested to review financial results and research questions that arise.
- Assists with financial security by maintaining internal controls and proper risk procedures.
- Assists Business Administrator on projects as needed.
- Helps direct staff in the implementation of accounting practices.
- Able to work with and serve staff to solve issues as they arise.
Skills and Qualifications:
- CPA a plus
- Undergraduate degree in accounting
- 5 years’ minimum accounting experience required
- Previous work experience in a non-profit or church environment preferred
- Must be a committed follower of Jesus Christ
- Must have a Christ-like attitude
- Full-time position with benefits including health, life, disability and vacation
Interested in joining our team?
To apply, please download our employment application here, fill it out and save it, and send the application along with your resume to Christine Riegler: firstname.lastname@example.org.