Mike and Cindy
* Pray for Filip and Tamara who plan to arrive November 3 to Macedonia to partner with Mike and Cindy for one year in their church planting efforts. Tamara is from Germany and will teach German in the language center. Her husband Filip is Macedonian, and will be the first national believer on the team. Pray for their adjustments, her health, and his ability to find work to supplement their income.
* Pray for key connections to be made with the younger community in our area.
Here are a couple requests for Macedonia:
*Pray for the impact on the people of Macedonia as a historic referendum was held September 30 to decide if the country’s name will change to Republic of Northern Macedonia. This is to satisfy Greece who has been blocking Macedonia’s entry into NATO and the EU for 27 years.
*Pray for Parkside attendees applying to join a team to Macedonia in June. Pray that God would form a united team of mature disciples who will make connections for the gospel in Macedonia.
Mike and Cindy
• Pray for the resuming of the Sunday Bible Sunday after a holiday break. As attendees do not have support from family members in their spiritual journey, pray that they would seek first His kingdom and His righteousness.
• As the winter semester at the language center begins February 5, pray that new students would see ads and sign up, and continuing students would grow in openness.
* Praise for good summer session of English classes and a final day-trip with students. Pray for the ability to connect with interested students during the remaining summer break. Pray for God to guide the interns that assisted in teaching, as they consider whether He is calling them to serve long-term overseas.
* The SEND workers in all of South-Central Europe will gather for a conference August 15-19. Pray for God to use the teaching and the opportunities for mutual encouragement with fellow-workers. An intern, Evelyn, is preparing to teach at the language center for the next 8 months. Pray for needed support, visa approval, heart preparation, and on-field preparation for her role on the team.
* After months of basically having no functioning government in Macedonia due to one party’s filibustering, a majority party has finally formed a government. Please pray for God to achieve his purposes in this confusing transitional time.
* The close to the summer session of English classes will be marked by a group full-day outing to beautiful lake Ohrid in southern Macedonia. Pray for Mike and Cindy and the 3 American interns to be able to make good use of the extended informal time with students.
* A five-week summer session of English classes is being offered in June. Pray for new contacts to be made and for the three college interns helping with these classes.
* Pray for L who has been studying the Bible with Mike and Cindy, that God would deepen her understanding of the truth. Also, a resolution is needed for her housing concerns.
* On May 4 the end of the year party for students of the language center will be held in a local restaurant. Pray for good closure that leaves the door open for connecting personally with a number of the students after the semester is over.
* Pray for major transitions that two of the Yurkovich children will make in May. Luke graduates from college and begins a new job in 3D animation in Indiana. Also, Elizabeth and Cail are taking the joyful step of marriage on May 27 in Louisiana. May God have central place in their hearts as they enter these new phases of life. Pray for Mike and Cindy to have quality time celebrating with their children in these events.
*Pray that we would abide in Christ, for apart from him we can do nothing (John 15:5).
*Pray for God to draw seeking hearts to the Overview of the Bible study starting March 26.
* Praise for good turnout and excellent interaction at the 5 love languages seminar. Pray that attendees would seek to live out the principles learned, and that conversations could continue on a deeper level with them after this.
* Pray for the potential of an investigative 6-week Bible study with interested individuals starting in March. Pray for God to draw those who have open hearts.
Here are some items of prayer for us in Macedonia:
*Praise that the support and visa requirements have finally been met for a short-term teacher to come and aid in the language center ministry for 6 months. Pray for Josiah as he arrived in January, that he would adjust well to the new culture and be used effectively in the lives of his students.
*Pray for a seminar on “five love languages” that we are offering our students February 10 (in light of valentine’s day) with our colleagues Philip and Lynn as guest speakers. Pray that the principles presented would be of aid in relationships, as well as open doors for further helpful discussion.