High School Students
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Start Time: Mon 8, July 2019, 9 a.m.
End Time: Sat 13, July 2019, 1 a.m.
For 2019, we are heading to Louisville, Kentucky for our Summer Missions trip. We will be participating in a program called “MFuge,” which is an extension of Lifeway, similar to the World Changers trips we have done in the past.
What is MFuge?
MFuge is designed to give students a mission experience that opens their eyes to similar opportunities they may have to serve in their own communities, learning to live life each day on mission! During the day you will be challenged and stretched as individuals; in the evenings, you’ll have an opportunity to build group unity over dinner, worship, fellowship and church group devotions.
- Why: To fulfill the greatest commandments (Matthew 22:36-40) and the Great Commision (Matthew 28:19-20)
- Who: Students completing 6-12 grades
- When: Early Monday July 8 through late Friday July 12
- Where: Louisville, Kentucky
- Cost: $360
- How: Apply by Sunday April 28 at www.parksidechurch.com/kentucky. A $40 deposit is required with the application to reserve your spot.
- Questions about the trip: Contact Mac Matthews at email@example.com or 440-543-1212
- Questions about registration: Contact Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 440-708-2117
What is different in 2019?
- We’re staying on campus! We will be based at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and staying in their dorms.
- Students can choose their ministry track. Tracks include: Children, Games and Rec, Girls, International, PYC (Painting, Construction, and Yardwork), and Social (more info below)
- Mixed Teams. Teams may not be made up of all Parkside students but include students from other churches.
- We are traveling! We’ll leave bright and early July 8 and drive 6 hours southwest in vans. We will return some time late on July 12.
- Attendance at ALL team meetings is required. There is advanced preparation our teams will do to prepare for ministry during the week. Participants must attend all team meetings unless you submit in writing to a team leader why you have to miss.
- We have a limited number of spots available. Applications submitted by the April 28 deadline will be considered. Anyone asking to join the team after April 28 will be determined on space availability and reason for application delay.
- Payments on TouchPoint. Our new church database system allows you to pay your deposit when you register, but it will also allow your supporters or parents to donate online towards your trip at a later time.
Participation on this trip includes a commitment to attend team meetings on:
- Sunday May 5 from 11:15am to 12:15pm in Room B211
- Sunday June 2* from 11:15am to 12:15pm in Room B211 *A Parent Meeting will run simultaneously in Room B210
- Friday June 28 from 6:00pm to 8:00pm in the Commons/Patio
What are the different ministry tracks?
- Children: helps with summer kids clubs, backyard Bible clubs, vbs, day camp, etc.
- Games and Rec: similar to Children’s but focuses more on using games and recreation to build relationships and gain an opportunity to share the Gospel
- Girls Only: serves in areas that are mainly focused toward women—Homes for Abused Women, Crisis Pregnancy Centers, even assisting ministries that reach out to women in caught in human trafficking and the adult entertainment industry (students are not put in direct contact with the realm in which this ministry occurs).
- International: works with the large international population in Louisville, mostly working with children, but some ministry with adults may occur as well
- PYC: stands for painting, yardwork, and construction—can be doing any of this kind of work
- Social: focuses on meeting the physical, spiritual, mental and emotional needs of people. It can range from behind the scenes at food banks and clothing closets, to serving at nursing homes, homeless shelters, group homes and a wide range of opportunities in between.