Our card teams encourage through a variety of cards: sympathy, encouragement, get well, thinking of you, evangelism and births.
We ask those volunteering for the card ministry to do the following:
1) Send 1 to 3 cards (provided by Parkside) over a 1-6 week period with an encouraging personal message and scripture.
2) As a card is mailed out, we ask that those receiving it are prayed for and continued to be prayed for throughout.
3) Call the individual(s) after 4 weeks to encourage them and find out how they are progressing.
We hope to be used of God to be an encouragement by visiting people who have a short-term inconvenience due to unplanned hospitalization or rehabilitation. Our visitation teams (assigned by geographical location) encourage through a variety of ways: spending time together, prayer and reading scripture together.
We ask those volunteering for the visitation ministry to do the following:
1) Visit, along with another volunteer if possible, an individual you are assigned in a local hospital or rehabilitation center in their geographic area for 15-30 minutes.
2) Let the individual know who you are and why you are there. It might be good to offer a church bulletin to them if they have been unable to attend church.
3) Share an encouraging Scripture and pray with the individual. A helpful list of Scripture will be provided.
4) Communicate any updates regarding the individual’s progress to the Assistant to the Pastor of Care Ministries.
Barnabas (Encouragement Ministry)
Barnabas Service Opportunity
- Posted on Thu 17, December 2009