Statement of Faith
Statement of Faith
The purpose of this church shall be to glorify God. It shall seek to attain this end through the public worship of God, the preaching of the Scriptures, consistent Christian living by its members, personal evangelism, missionary endeavor and Christian education (Ephesians 1:5-14; Colossians 1:9-10; Matthew 5:16; 1 Peter 2:9-12).
We accept the scriptures as our only authority in matters of faith and practice and our interpretation of Bible doctrine leads us inexorably to believe:
- The scriptures of the Old and New Testament as being verbally inspired by God and inerrant and infallible in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority.
- In one God eternally existing in one essence, yet co-equal persons, the Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus Christ was begotten by God, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born to the virgin Mary.
- In the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity, who convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment. He is the life of the believer and He empowers the preaching and teaching of the Gospel.
- That mankind was created in the image of God, sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but spiritual death, which is separation from God, and that human beings are born with a sinful nature.
- That the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood.
- In the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, His ascension into heaven and His present life there as High Priest and Advocate for us.
- In the blessed hope, which is the personal, visible and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- That all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again by the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God and heirs of eternal life.
- In the existence of a personal devil, who is still working in the world to destroy the souls of men and that he and all his angels and all who do not receive Christ as their personal Savior will eternally perish in the lake of fire.
- In the Church, whose mission it is to preach the Scriptures to all the world, all of its endeavors being guided by multiple leadership and supported by the wise stewardship of God's people.
- That the ordinances of the Church, given by the Lord, are Baptism and the Lord's Table (Communion).